Front interior lighting
Interior lighting buttons
— Interior lighting on/off
— Door contact switch on/off. The interior lighting is controlled automatically.
Touch-sensitive reading lights
- To turn a reading light on or off, touch the surface(1) briefly.
- To activate the manual dimming function, touch the surface (1) when the light is switched off and keep touching it until the desired brightness is reached.
Rear interior lighting
- To switch the reading lamp on or off, press the button (1).
- To activate the manual dimming function*, touch the surface while the light is switched off (1) and keep touching it until the desired brightness is reached.
Applies to: vehicles with interior lighting
The ambient lighting turns on when the ignition is switched on. The O light switch position deactivates the interior lighting.
You can adjust the ambient lighting separately. The settings depend on the vehicle equipment.
Applies to MMI: Select on the home screen: VEHICLE > Light & Visibility > Interior lighting.
You can choose from various color profiles, such as Maritime.
Additional settings and profiles:
— Brightness: you can adjust the brightness for all of the interior lighting.
— Individual: you can adjust the brightness and color of the interior lighting separately, divided into contour and surface lighting.
— Audi drive select: the contour and surface lighting color changes depending on the selected drive select mode.
Depending on vehicle equipment, when the drive select* function is switched on, the color of the contour and surface lighting may brief ly change to red or blue when the interior temperature is manually increased or decreased.
You can set the instrument and display illumination separately. The settings depend on the vehicle equipment.
- Applies to MMI: select on the home screen: SETTINGS > Display & brightness.
— Cockpit dimming
— Head-up display
— Audi virtual cockpit
- You can adjust the background brightness of the instruments and display illumination.
- Press the knob (1) to release it.
- Turn the knob toward "-" or "+" to reduce or increase the brightness.
- Press the knob again to return it to its original position.
Depending on vehicle equipment, the instrument illumination (needles and gauges) may turn on when the lights are off and the ignition is switched on. The illumination for the gauges reduces automatically and eventually turns off as brightness outside increases. This function reminds the driver to turn the low beams on at the appropriate time.